Last Updated on July 29, 2022 by Admin
Truist Financial is an American bank headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina providing secure 24/7 services to customers with their BB&T online banking login portal. Today, Truist ranks among the top 10 largest banks in the U.S. with 2700+ branches spread across 15 states since its founding in 2019 when BB&T Bank and SunTrust Bank merged.
While the bank offers offline services across its many branches and ATMs, the 24-hour online banking system provides a simple and convenient alternative to the drawbacks of traditional banking.
By simply clicking sign in on the homepage, your world is open to numerous banking opportunities!
In this article, we explain the ins and outs of the online system whether you are an existing or new client of Truist, BB&T, or SunTrust. Once your BB&T user ID and password are set up, you are ready to log on to your online account and enjoy a range of services.
How to Login to BB&T by Entering User ID
Truist Bank services are accessible via a click of a button on your monitor or gadgets.
How to log in? You can follow the guidelines below.
Step 1: Access the Truist Bank website on this link.
Step 2: You’ll find the Sign in‘slogo at the top right corner of the website, next to the Open Account button, as shown in the picture below:
Step 3: Insert your User ID and Password. You can also tick the Save User ID box in order to avoid the “hassle” of inserting your ID every time you want to Sign in. However, make sure you trust the device you log in through to avoid banking information theft.
How To Reset Your Password
Imagine you cannot get into your account because you have completely forgotten your password. Therefore, you have to reset your password whether you like it or not. You can reset your password by following the guidelines below.
Step 1: First, click the Sign in logo mentioned above. Click the Reset Password button underneath the Password box.
Step 2: After that, you will be directed to this link:
Step 3: Fill in the required information like your email address, digits of your SSN, EIN, or ITIN, and your User ID.
Step 4: Click the Continue button to proceed.
Step 5: Once you’ve done that, you will receive an email containing a link to reset your password. Please follow the given instructions in the email carefully because your password is essential to maintaining your BB&T online banking account.
How to Reset Your Username
If you are struggling hard to recall your username, don’t panic. There are two options:
- You can easily retrieve it by contacting the local bank branch. We have given the contact details at the end.
- The BB&T online banking system itself allows you to recover it by requesting different information from you. Click the Sign in icon on the top right corner. Then click Forgot user ID? below the User ID box. You will be redirected here.
Depending on which kind of client you are, you will need to fill in specific information.
Firstly, if you have a Personal Account, Truist/ BB&T requests for your:
- Account or card number
- Last 5 digits of your SSN
- Zip code
- Last name
- Contact information (email/ phone)
Secondly, if you have a Business Profile Owner Account, Truist/ BB&T requests for your:
- Business account or card name
- Last 5 digits of your business Tax ID number
- Business zip code
- Contact information (email/ phone)
Thirdly, if you have a Business User or Administrator Account, Truist/ BB&T requests for your:
- Business account or card name
- Last 5 digits of your business Tax ID number
- Business zip code
- Last name of business user
- Contact information (email/ phone)
After you’ve sent the necessary information, you will be contacted via your preferred method of communication (email/ phone) to recover the User ID.
How to Enroll/Sign up/Open an Account
If you have yet to open an account at Truist, you can follow these simple guidelines to help you sign up or open up an account.
Step 1: You need to click on the Sign in icon on the top right corner in order to find the Register Now button below the purple Sign in box.
Step 2: Afterward, you will be redirected to a link page that provides you an option to choose between a Small business account and a Personal account.
Step 3: Click the Register Now button if you choose the Small business account, or tick one dot of how would you like to register your Personal account.
Step 4: Click the purple Continue button in order to proceed with your enrollment.
Please note that depending on whether you want a Business or Personal account, you will need to fill in different information requested by the bank.
For example, the information asked for Truist Debit or ATM Card Number are:
- Debit/ATM Card Number
- Debit/ ATM Card PIN
- ZIP code
- Email address
See below to understand better.
Truist Bank – Type of Accounts/Services
Truist offers a wide array of services for Personal and Business clients. In this section, we go into detail about all of them.
In Personal Account services, Truist offers a wide arrange of products such as Checking and Savings, Credit Cards, Loans, Mortgages, Insurance, and Investing & Retirement. We will break down each of these services into a list.
These are the checking accounts available at Truist.
- Truist Dimension Checking is the best if you want incentives that grow with your checking account balance.
- Truist Bright Checking is the best if you want an everyday checking experience and have monthly direct deposits.
- Truist Fundamental Checking is the best if you need reliable online checking access and digital money tools.
- Truist Student Checking is a great choice if you’re a student aged 23 or more and you want a fee-free checking account.
- Prepaid Money Account is a great choice if you need to eliminate overdraft fees.
These five options are for people in different places in life. So pick the account that suits your needs after carefully thinking about it.
These are the savings accounts available at Truist.
- Truist Online Savings is the best if you just get started with saving.
- Truist Money Market Account is a good choice if you want to earn higher interest.
- Truist CDs is a great choice if you want a guaranteed rate for a specific time.
Some people are just getting started with saving, while others are looking for higher interest rates or CDs. Truist offers 3 savings options for you to choose from depending on your saving plan.
CDs (Certificate of Deposit)
Truist Certificate of Deposit is a great choice if you are looking for a guaranteed rate and return as well as if you want to save for retirement or another future investment.
These are the debit cards available at Truist.
- Personal Debit Cards allow easy, fast, and secure access to your money and it’s the best choice if you want a convenient, fast, secure way to shop online and in-person as well as earn cash back with deals.
- Delta SkyMiles® Debit Card is beneficial to earn additional miles on direct Delta purchases such as tickets and in-flight purchases and Redeem miles for Award Travel, seat upgrades, and Delta Sky Club® memberships. This card is also the best choice if you travel frequently.
Debit cards make transactions smoother whether you are shopping online, looking to earn cash back deals or if you are traveling abroad and not carrying the currency of that particular country.
The choice entirely depends on your lifestyle!
Truist Visa® Gift Cards feature a single load prepaid card, loaded with any denomination ranging from $25 to $500, and customer support 24/7. The benefits you’ll get from this card are that you can enjoy the flexibility to choose an amount that fits any budget, spend less time hunting for a gift, and have the freedom of shopping at millions of merchant locations where Visa® debit is accepted.
Truist Dimension Checking Premier Tier will give you rewards like unlimited no-fee transactions at any ATM, plus surcharge rebates per statement cycle, unlimited no-fee automatic overdraft protection transfers, and no-fee incoming domestic and international wire transfers.
Check out the credit cards available at Truist and their benefits here.
- Enjoy Cash Credit Card will grant you 3% cash back on gas and 2% on utilities and groceries rewards. It also has key benefits such as no annual fee, customizable card controls for added security, and contactless payments and mobile wallets for faster checkout.
- Enjoy Travel credit card will grant you 2x miles per $1 spent on airfare, hotels, and car rentals rewards. It also has several benefits such as Contactless payments and mobile wallets for faster checkout, and redemption miles for cash back, gift cards, hotel stays airline tickets and merchandise.
- Enjoy Beyond credit card will award you with 3x points per $1 spent on airfare, hotels, and car rentals, and 2x points per $1 spent on dining. This card features a metal composite card design, Visa® Zero Liability11 protection against unauthorized card use, and receives up to $100 annual travel experience statement credit.
- Enjoy Cash Secured credit card will award you with 3% cash back on gas and 2% on utilities and groceries. This card features unlimited cash back rewards on everyday purchases and Visa® Zero Liability11 protection against unauthorized card use.
A lot of people are skeptical about purchasing credit cards because they might not have great control of their purchase habits or fear incurring too many debts. However, Truist offers customizable card controls along travel credit cards and more to different types of consumers.
Check out loans and their benefits at Truist.
- Home Equity Line of Credit will help you to roll your debts into a single payment, transform your kitchen, and pay tax-deductible home improvements.
- Personal Loans are the number one choice if you want to consolidate high-interest debt to save time and money, finance home improvements without collateral, and fixed monthly payments/rates.
- Auto Loans will ease up your car purchase with fixed rates for the life of your auto loan, save money by locking in a low-interest rate, and increase terms to reduce your payment.
- Boat & RV Loans feature a refinance to lower your monthly payment, and fixed rates, and allow you to purchase a new or used yacht and large seacraft.
People take out loans for various reasons such as buying/ refurbishing houses, car purchases, college fees, etc. See whether the loans offered by Truist, suit your needs.
Investing & Retirement
Here are the investment options.
- Personal Investing will provide a wide array of benefits such as investment strategy for fixed-income portfolios, fully managed accounts, asset allocation aligned with your risk tolerance, and access to domestic and global stocks, bonds, mutual funds, ETFs, and annuities.
- Truist Invest has two options to choose: Truist Invest Pro and Regular Truist Invest. Truist Invest Pro has one advantage over the regular truist invest and that is Unlimited access to registered financial advisors whereas the Regular doesn’t have unlimited access, but it does have all features that the pro has.
Investments are long-term plans for your assets. Get in touch with Truist to see where you should invest your money depending on your lifestyle.
In Small Business service, Truist offers a wide arrange of products such as Banking, Business Credit Cards, Merchant Services, Loans, and Insurance. We will briefly break down each of these services one by one.
Here are the options available for business checking accounts.
- Simple Business Checking is for all clients who are just getting started with a business, expect a low number of monthly transactions, and keep lower balances.
- Dynamic Business Checking is an ideal choice for clients who desire a reward-based checking account that grows with their business or expect to go over 50 transactions and $2,000 in cash deposits per month.
- Community Business Checking is an ideal choice for clients who prefer a non-profit, small community, or civic organization and want to complete fewer than 225 transactions per month.
You might be a long-established or a new business just starting in a volatile industry. See whether these checking accounts suit your needs.
Here are the business savings options for your different needs.
- Simple Business Savings is the best account if you want to avoid a monthly maintenance fee by maintaining a minimum balance and maintain balance of less than $5,000.
- Business Money Market is the best account if you want to write checks or make payments directly from your savings account and keep over $5,000 in business savings.
- Business Certificates of Deposit (CDs) are a great choice if you want to lock in a competitive interest rate and earn guaranteed returns and leave your cash in place for the length of the CD.
Depending on the size, type, and the industry your business operates in, you might want to take your time to pick what suits your needs best.
These are the credit card options are Truist.
- Truist Business Cash Rewards is the best card if your organization spends a lot of time on the road and entertaining clients or wants cash back for everyday business purchases.
- Truist Business Travel Rewards is the best card if your organization has frequent fliers or international travelers.
- Truist Regular Business is a proper choice if your organization has low monthly expenses or typically carries a balance on your credit card(s).
If your business requires you to move around a lot or incur international travel costs, you might want to consider the first two options given.
Truist Merchant Sevices offers several benefits such as next-business-day funding to a Truist business checking account, accepting contactless cards and digital wallets, protecting customers’ data with encryption, and many other benefits you can find on the website.
Here are the business loan options.
- Small Business Loans are the best choice if you make a one-time purchase, fund a specific project, and consolidate debt.
- Small Business Auto Loan will let you choose the length of your loan for cars, track your balance online, and Make scheduled monthly payments of interest.
- Small Business Commercial Vehicle and Equipment Loan is the best choice if you’re planning to own business vehicles and get potential tax deductions.
- Small Business Real Estate Loan will ease up your effort to expand your business, and own your business location instead of leasing it. You can also choose the length of your loan and repayment schedule as well as make scheduled monthly payments of principal and interest.
If you are thinking about expanding your business, a business loan would really help and Truist has several options to choose from.
Small Business Insurance
Truist Small Business Insurance can help you to streamline your services by optimizing your payments to protect your business. Truist has also collaborated with McGriff, Inc which will provide you with protection from property damage, and employee injuries on the job.
Mobile Banking Capabilities of BB&T Online Banking
Mobile banking has become fundamental to how work is done especially after the worldwide lockdowns due to the pandemic. Here we look at how Truist’s or BB&T’s mobile banking system works.
With Truist Service at your disposal, you can plan your finances by selecting which app suits you well. There are two mobile apps, Quicken and QuickBooks, and both are available to download on Mac and Windows.
Here we will break down these apps’ capabilities.
Quicken app allows you to create, download, and organize your financial information securely. There are 3 ways to connect:
- Direct Connect to pay bills and transfer money between your accounts directly.
- Express Web Connect to download transactions and update account balances with no monthly fee.
- Web Connect to manually download transactions from your Truist account.
Quicken is more suitable for personal clients looking to better their financial habits.
Quickbooks app is available to help you organize your expenses, track and pay bills, run reports instantly to evaluate the performance plans, and integrate with your Truist accounts automatically. There are 2 ways to connect:
- Direct Connect will sync your online banking securely and download transactions automatically. Direct Connect will cost you $14.95 monthly.
- Web Connect allows you to download transactions manually from your account, and import them into QuickBooks with no monthly fee.
Once you have determined which app suits your needs, you can download and integrate it into your financial strategy.
Truist Bank Registration Fee/Minimum Deposit
Here we take a look at common fees to look out for when you invest your money with Truist.
Personal Checking Accounts
In Personal Checking Accounts, there are three types of accounts that come with a Minimum Opening Deposit and Monthly Maintenance Fee:
- Truist Dimension Checking comes with a $50 Minimum Opening Deposit and 20$ Monthly maintenance fee.
- Truist Bright Checking has a $50 Minimum Opening Deposit and a $12 Monthly maintenance fee.
- Truist Fundamental Checking comes with a $50 Minimum Opening Deposit and a $5 Monthly maintenance fee ($3 exclusively in New Jersey).
Think about the pros and cons of each option for your financial plan and invest.
Personal Savings Accounts
As for Personal Saving Accounts, there are two types of accounts that come with a Monthly Maintenance Fee and a Minimum Opening Deposit:
- Truist Money Market Account comes with a 12$ Monthly maintenance fee and a $100 Minimum Opening Deposit.
- Truist CDs have 0$ Monthly maintenance fee but come with a $1,000 Monthly maintenance fee for terms from 32 days to 60 months, and $2,500 for terms from 7 to 31 days.
Determine the pros and cons of each option for your financial plan and invest.
Personal Credit Cards
In a wide selection of personal credit cards, there are two types of credit cards that have annual fees.
- Enjoy Beyond credit card will provide an annual fee of $195.
- Enjoy Cash Secured credit card has an annual fee of $19
On the BB&T online banking system, select which personal credit card suits you best.
Dynamic Business Checking
Truist has two options for business checking and both of these accounts have a monthly maintenance fees, no-fee transactions, and no-fee cash deposits.
- Simple Business Checking has no-fee transactions of $50 per month and no-fee cash deposits of $2,000 per month.
- Dynamic Business Checking has a monthly maintenance fee of $20, no-fee transactions of $500 per month, and no-fee cash deposits of $25,000 per month.
Depending on your business requirements, the BB&T online banking system has two business checking options for you to choose from.
Simple Business Savings
When it comes to saving your income from your successful business venture, Truist Bank has two types of small business saving accounts that have monthly cash deposits and monthly maintenance fees:
- Truist Simple Business Savings have monthly cash deposits of $5,000 and a monthly maintenance fee of $5.
- Truist Business Money Market has monthly cash deposits of $5,000 and a monthly maintenance fee of $10.
These two options can be weighed to see which one you want to pick.
Business Cash Rewards Credit Cards
In the selection of business credit cards from Truist, there’s one type of credit card that has an annual fee:
Truist Business Cash Rewards comes with a $49 annual fee that is waived for the first year.
Truist Bank Interest Rates
When it comes to buying a house or any property, Truist provides several types of interest rates on Mortgage. Therefore, if you want to make a purchase in a certain period, this is the list to look at:
- 30-Year Fixed: 6.1% Interest Rate & 6.1525% APR (for 0 points), 5.6% Interest Rate & 5.7513% APR (for 1 point).
- 15-Year Fixed: 4.875% Interest Rate & 4.979% APR (for 0 points), 4.4% Interest Rate & 4.6569% APR (for 1 point).
- 30-Year Jumbo: 4.975% Interest Rate & 4.9827% APR (for 0 points), 4.75% Interest Rate& 4.8625% APR (for 1 point).
- 30-Year FHA: 5.75% Interest Rate & 6.8652% APR (for 0 points), 5.5% Interest Rate & 6.6835% APR (for 1 point).
- 30-Year VA: 5.7% Interest Rate & 5.9699% APR (for 0 points), 5.125% Interest Rate & 5.4857% APR (for 1 point).
Truits also provides interest rates on mortgages if you want to complete the refinancing of your place of living. Here are the lists to look at:
- 30-Year Fixed: 6.49% Interest Rate & 6.6215% APR (for 0 points), 5.99% Interest Rate & 6.1639% APR (for 1 point).
- 15-Year Fixed: 5.3% Interest Rate & 5.416% APR (for 0 points), 4.875% Interest Rate& 5.1262% APR (for 1 point).
With a variety of options, you can take your time in determining which option suits your needs.
How To Contact Truist Bank
In order to always keep in touch with Truist Bank, you can contact them from Monday to Friday – from 8 am to 8 pm ET or Saturday – from 8 am to 5 pm ET. The bank is closed on Sunday. You can also opt to get 24-hour automated assistance.
General account information: 844-4TRUIST (844-487-8478)
Outside the US: +1-910-914-8250
You can check all of their contact numbers and email directories at this link.
Comparison with Other Banks
If you are weighing the pros and cons of investing in Truist Vs. investing in another bank, check out these other banks of similar capacity.
To sum up, Truist Bank serves its business and personal clients in a number of high-growth markets in the country, offering a wide range of financial services. These include Checking & Saving, Loans, Mortgages, Insurance, Investment & Retirement, Retail, Wealth Management, Capital Markets, etc.
In this article, we’ve covered how to navigate their online banking system in detail as well as their products and services, mobile banking functions, interest rates, common fees, etc. Please get in touch with us with any questions you may have.